06 February 2008

Ash Wedneday

Ash Wednesday is here, but it's also Peter's birthday. Unfortunately, I haven't had time to focus on both. Lent has become an increasingly special time to me, but this year it lost out to planning Peter's birthday celebration. I guess we'll pilot Ash Thursday this year. That means I have 24 hours to plan my fasting and time with God for the next 39 days.

Joshua is completely thrilled to have birthday secrets to hide from Daddy. He keeps telling me, "I not tell Daddy." Then when Daddy tries to trick him into telling, Joshua just laughs and laughs. I explained to him that for my birthday it's OK to tell me things because you should always tell your Mommy everything.

I've got to get going now or there won't be birthday dinner or pie or presents!

No comments: