23 April 2008

deep breath...

Sorry we've been offline. Since the car crisis started last week, things have been insane. We've had many, many bloggable moments but no time to blog about them. I am going to try to catch up this week and share all our excitement, but right now I have to run to the supermarket. As of 9pm last night we have a Nigerian house guest who will be here for a week. We weren't expecting to host him (except for dinner one night), so I had to scramble to get the house in order at the last minute. Getting the house in order for dinner guests (when you can throw lots of random things in your bedroom and shut the door) is so different than getting ready for an overnight guest (who is sleeping in your bedroom while you sleep in your baby's room). Now I have to scramble to get enough food in the house to feed him respectably. (What? Mexican eggs with pitas and orange slices aren't considered gourmet in Africa?)

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Oh, I bet that anything you make for your guest will be wonderful. Just think how fancy chicken fingers and fries must look when someone might never have had them before. Mexican eggs sounds yummy to me!