19 August 2008

I can't believe it

If you can't keep up with the rapid pace of my blog posts over the past 24 hours, read the post below this one first so you know what's going on. If you're already aware of our green card crisis, I'm posting to report that Peter just got a call from the distribution center... (drumroll please)... and they found them! The supervisor said it was like looking for a needle in a haystack, but my description of the envelope really helped. Of course, she forgot to mention God. I'm pretty sure he helped, too. She said about a million pieces of mail go through their center every day, and hundreds of them get rejected. And in the middle of yesterday's hundreds was an unsealed envelope with 3 green cards. I'm totally in shock. Even when we pray for a miracle I seldom expect one. What a wonderful surprise. Peter is on his way to Panera to buy a big box of yummy bagels for the incredibly kind postal service employees. With this morning's crisis out of the way, I'm off to try to study my stories for club tonight. It helps a lot that our friend Kim picked up my kids for the day so I have a completely quiet house.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That is FANtastic!!! Amazing how God knows everything - right down to an unsealed blank envelope with your precious children's green cards in them. I'm thinking He'd been super good at hide-and-seek, huh? ;)

I hope your club goes well. Enjoy the peacefulness of a quiet house.