31 May 2007

big accomplishment

This morning mommy tackled her first non-afro hairstyle. Previously the neighbors had braided Patience's hair, and mommy fixed a few braids as they came loose. This hairstyle is 100% mommy's handiwork for better or worse. Not including breaks, it took between 1 and 1.5 hours, but that's not too bad for a first try at box twists on a squirmy little one. It's so hard to style her soft, short hair. There is much room for improvement, but it's not too bad (if I do say so myself).




Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

All 8 of Us said...

Yeah Becky...
I'm impressed :) Nice job on Patience's hair!! I am still learning and Mercy has been home 6 months...one day, I trust, it will become second nature :)
Blessings,kathi

Anonymous said...

It looks great! So cute! Can you come do my hair? : )

Peter and Becky said...

Trisha, are you nuts? I don't even do my own hair! In fact, these days I sometimes don't even shower.