09 August 2006

oldies but goodies

Today I (Becky) was trying to calm my frazzled nerves by playing the piano (a great new addition to our house thanks to my parents who were cleaning out). I was flipping through a very old hymnal playing songs I haven't heard for years. Not only was the music a great stress reliever, but the truths of the classic hymns really spoke to me.

"Every joy or trial falleth from above. Traced upon our dial by the Son of Love. We may trust Him fully all for us to do. They who trust Him wholly find Him wholly true. Stayed upon Jehovah, hearts are fully blessed. Finding as He promised perfect peace and rest."

"Never a trial that He is not there. Never a burden that He doth not bear. Never a sorrow tht He doth not share. Moment by moment I'm under His care."

Sometimes God meets us in unexpected moments and reminds us that He's still there. The best part is that He has everything figured out and knows why we're going through whatever it is that we're going through. Sometimes I need that reminder.

No comments: